Are markets open today (TSX, Nasdaq and NYSE)?
Search for symbols or companies in TSX
Dow Jones Industriel Average
Most active US large cap stocks
Most active Canadian large cap stocks
Most popular Canadian Depository Receipts
Highest dividend stocks Canada
Major Indices (Definition)
S.P. 500 Index
The S&P 500 Index, or the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index, is a market-capitalization-weighted index of the 500 largest publicly-traded companies in the U.S.
The S&P 500 is an excellent index because most of its constituents are large established US corporations. It’s well diversified across various sectors of the US economy. The index is widely regarded as the best gauge of large-cap U.S. equities. It can be easily used to express an opinion on the US economy in general. In other words, if you are bullish on the performance of the American economy in the long term, it’s probably the best index for you.
All ETFs that replicate the performance of the S.P. 500 index will have the same securities in their assets and at about the same proportions as the index itself.
The Nasdaq 100
The Nasdaq-100 is one of the world’s preeminent large-cap growth indexes. It includes 100 of the largest domestic and international non-financial companies listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market based on market capitalization.
This index is dominated by companies in the Information Technology sector.
An index of the 60 largest companies on the Toronto Stock Exchange. This index is dominated by the energy and finance sectors.
Latest posts on our Blog
- Top 10 Best Canadian dividend stocks 2023In this article, we will present the best canadian dividend stocks 2023. We focused in our analysis on large caps that have increased significantly their dividends in the past 5 years. In addition, for each company selected, the dividend yield and the dividend payout ratio and other pertinent ratios will be provided. A quick review …
- Weekly Dividend Calendar (Canadian stocks and ETFs – TSX)Dividend Calendar – February 13th week Company Period Amnt Ex-DivDate Record Date Payable Date ENGH Enghouse Systems quarterly $0.1850 2/13/2023 2/28/2023 2/28/2023 GWR Global Water Resources monthly $0.0340 2/13/2023 2/14/2023 2/28/2023 ALC Algoma Central quarterly $0.18 2/14/2023 3/1/2023 3/1/2023 ENB Enbridge quarterly $0.8870 2/14/2023 3/1/2023 3/1/2023 FTS Fortis quarterly $0.5650 2/14/2023 3/1/2023 3/1/2023 GXE Gear …
- 15 Best Monthly Dividend Stocks in Canada for passive incomeFor this post, we will share the list of 15 Canadian “dividend aristocrats” stocks that pay monthly dividends! All these stocks are Canadian companies listed on the TSX. Monthly dividend stocks are a great way to generate a regular passive income. As you can see below, the list is dominated by Reits (real estate investment …
- Canadian dividend aristocrats list by sector 2023The list of Canadian ”Dividend Aristocrats” stocks is managed by the firm Standard and Poors. The index is titled the S&P Canadian Dividend Aristocrats. It requires a minimum of 5 years of successive dividend increases, which is low compared to the minimum 25 years for the US version of the index. You can check out our article …
- Recent Dividend Increases (Canada – TSX)Recent Dividend Increases Canada – January 2023 Company Amount PreviousAmount IncreaseAmount Ex-Date BMO Bank of Montreal $1.43 $1.39 2.88% 1/27/2023 RY Royal Bank of Canada $1.32 $1.28 3.13% 1/25/2023 DNG Dynacor Group $0.01 $0.0083 20.48% 1/6/2023 TD Toronto-Dominion Bank $0.96 $0.89 7.87% 1/5/2023 FFH Fairfax Financial $13.4150 $12.7810 4.96% 1/18/2023 CMR iShares Premium Money Market …
- Full list of ‘Dividend Kings’ stocks by sector – 2023Dividend kings are stocks with an unparalleled track record of increasing their dividends over time. The minimum requirement to be considered in this elite list is 50 years of dividend increases. In this post, we will present these stocks by sector. We will also provide, for each stock, the current dividend yield, payout ratio, and …
- Best Canadian Reits 2023Canadian Reits are listed companies that invest in real estate. A good number of investors would like to invest in real estate to diversify their investments, or out of the conviction. However, the direct management of a property presents many constraints, and requires time and skills. Also, delegating the management of the property to an …
- US Stocks that pay monthly dividends (Full list by sector)For this post, we will share the list of US stocks that pay monthly dividends! All these stocks are American companies (mid or large cap) with a minimum market capitalization of $300M. I excluded small caps stocks, because they are generally more risky. Monthly dividend stocks are a great way to generate a regular passive …
- 7 Highest Dividend paying Stocks near their 52 weeks lows (Dividend aristocrats)The recent stock market correction clearly represents an opportunity to acquire new shares of the highest dividend paying stocks. A good starting point are dividend Aristocrat. In this post, we will be looking at 7 dividend aristocrats stocks that are near their 52 weeks lows. For each stock, we will present the growth prospects and …
- 7 Best Canadian dividend stocks near their 52 weeks lowThe recent stock market correction represents an opportunity to invest in quality Canadian securities at attractive prices. If you’re an investor looking to build a dividend portfolio, a good place to start is the Dividend Aristocrats list. In this article, we’ll be looking at 7 best dividend stocks to buy and hold right now. The …
Financial News (TSX Today)
- About us
- Action BNC: Banque Nationale (Cours en bourse et ratios financiers)
- Action LEV: La Compagnie électrique Lion (Cours et ratios financiers)
- BMO Stock: Bank of Montreal (Dividend Aristocrat)
- BNS Stock: Bank of Nova Scotia (Dividend Aristocrat)
- CM Stock: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (Dividend aristocrat)
- CNR Stock: Canadian National Railway (Dividend aristocrat)
- COW Stock review – Ishares Global Agri Index ETF
- CWB Stock: CDN Western Bank (Dividend aristocrat)
- EQB Stock: Equitable Group Inc (Dividend Aristocrat)
- HCA Stock – Hamilton Canadian Bank Mean Reversion
- IFC Stock: Intact Financial (Dividend Aristocrat)
- Markets: Most active, Top Gainers and Top % Losers
- XST Stock – Ishares S&P TSX Capped Cons Stpl
- ZBK Stock – BMO Equal Weight US Bank